Building a creative and user-friendly website is essential for businesses to create positive online experiences for their brand. But having a great website is only the beginning and not the end of the process. Unfortunately, many businesses invest heavily in building a great website with their responsibility ending there. It is not enough to have a great website unless it is an active and current one with fresh content and regular server maintenance to ensure that your online audiences are getting the best experience possible. Regular website maintenance services in your marketing budget should be a must.
Here are some of the core benefits of keeping your business website fresh:
- Help Search Engines Find You
Search engines tend to prefer websites that keep creating fresh and relevant content on a regular basis. This is why a lot of value is placed on creating fresh content, weather it is a change in your contact information, your company’s introduction or a fresh stream on blog posts. If you neglect your website, it may fall further down in search results. As a result, this will not help your website’s exposure to new audiences searching for products or services in your category.
- Become an Active Presence
If your last ‘latest news’ item is 6 months old, the news isn’t all that new and could give the impression that your business is somewhat stagnant and inactive. Let potential customers know you are up to date with fresh projects, new information so that your online presence does not appear as obsolete. Create news items, blogs, upload photos of new projects etc on a regular basis to keep audiences up to date with the current happenings of your company and become an active online presence.
- Attract Inbound Links
If your web content is interesting it is highly likely that people will notice your online and possibly even discuss and share your content. Opinion leaders creating personal blog content could link your web content to their posts or excited online users might share links to your site or specific pages on their social media platforms. The more often you update your website with interesting and shareable information, the more people will share your content across other digital platforms – it is as simple as that.
Here are some basic ways in which you can implement website management principles to your company’s website:
- If you haven’t done so already, incorporate a company blog into your website. This will be the easiest way to keep adding new content to your site.
- Another thing you can look into is adding a news ticker to your homepage. This will essentially be a newsfeed with hot topics about your company such as serving 100,000 customers, investing in state-of-the-art equipment or a new CEO on-board.
- Images and video are becoming the strongest types of content online. So when you are updating your site with new information, make sure you are more visual than verbal. A great photo will have the potential to get shared by audiences over a 1000- word blog post.
- Testimonials are another excellent type of fresh content. Whenever a new customer is happy with your product or service ensure that you ask them for testimonies or include a feedback form in your site. Including new reviews of your company and positive testimonials that are current will help your business look fresh and appear engaged with the world.
Website management is crucial to the success of a good website and in turn the reputation and presence of a brand. If you are a small company, employing external website maintenance services would be of great benefit to your brand.